Friday 29 October 2010

Starstruck

I went to a preview screening of "Paranormal Activity 2" the other day (see www.filmwerk.co.uk for the review). I got very over-excited as Kim Newman (writes for Empire magazine) was there as well as James King (Radio 1 film critic). Then, behold, like a big-quiffed angel, appears Mark Kermode. He's my film-reviewing hero. So, obviously, I can't stop turning around, staring and then giggling when he caught my eye (I think my sister was very embarrassed). Despite the fact that I caught his eye again when we were leaving (I think I just did a massive blush that time) I didn't manage to pluck up enough courage to actually speak to him. Then my mate tells me that apparently he downloaded Mark Kermode's podcast of the review of PA2 (as we in the bizz call it) and he specifically mentioned a "female reviewer who obviously wanted to come and talk to me but was too nervous".
I'm flattered and ashamed all at the same time!

4 comments: