Monday 24 August 2009

One ring to rule them all

I have just spent most of this lovely sunny weekend in a darkened room with no windows. No, I haven't been arrested, I have been to see the three Lord of the Rings films back to back at the Imax. It started at midnight on Saturday night (it was quite weird going into town in jeans and a jumper carrying a cushion and being surrounded by drunken people in party clothes on their way home...) and finished at 10.30 on Sunday morning.
So, we're sitting there and listening to the announcement about where the loos are, etc., when they say that there's going to be a special guest. So I'm thinking, it's probably going to be some guy in a Gollum costume, or maybe someone from The Lord of the Rings: The Musical (which I've also seen). I turn around and guess who's coming down the stairs? It's only Sir Ian Mckellen! Fricking Gandalf!
Some may say I need to get out more, but it was one of the most memorable evenings I've had. And I've got it on video:

Amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment