Thursday 21 May 2009

Is this for real?*

The following article was reproduced on the website Digital Spy (where I get all my important celeb gossip):

“Alec Baldwin has apologised for making a joke about wanting a Filipino mail-order bride to bear his children.
The 30 Rock star was branded 'arrogant' and 'insensitive' by a Philippines senator after making the comment during an appearance on The Late Show With David Letterman last week.
Writing on his Huffington Post blog, he said: 'I believe that most people understood that this was a joke and took it as such. (A dated reference, no doubt, and another sign of my advancing age). However, I do apologise to anyone who took offence.' He added: 'The comments of some Philippine government officials come as no surprise to me... Such anger and frustration about the issue of sex trafficking is understandable.' Senator Ramon Revilla, a former action movie star, had suggested that Baldwin would face 'mayhem' if he ventured to the Philippines following the remark.”

Now take a look at the advert to the right of the article.


Is this someone's idea of a joke or targetted key word advertising gone mad?

*Please note that I did get taken in by a news article about sat nav trainers on April Fool's Day, so my levels of gullibility are quite high...

No comments:

Post a Comment