Friday 6 February 2009

W(h)ine

This morning, as I got ready to trudge through the freezing sleet to the the tube station, where the trains probably wouldn't be working anyway, I noticed a stray wine bottle under the bed (yes, I know that sounds a bit dodgy) which I thought I should take down to the recycling. Having my hands full, I stuck it in my handbag for safe keeping.
It wasn't until I got to work and opened my bag in front of several colleagues at 9.30 in the morning that I realised I'd forgotten to put in the recycling. The more excuses I made, the more of an alcoholic I sounded.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emma - I came across your blog late last night..not sure how..but anyway, I did and it made me laugh out loud. Loads of stuff that's really funny - and I especially like this one :)
    thanks for making me laugh :)

    ReplyDelete